You've reached the end of this Quick Start guide. By now you should have taken the following steps.
- Listed all templates available to you.
- Created a custom metadata template to hold data specific to your enterprise.
- Applied a custom metadata template to a file, allowing you to assign custom data to a file.
- Updated a metadata instance on a file, allowing you to change the data assigned to a file.
- Updated a metadata template and changed the data applied to all instances of this template.
- Queried for files and folders by matching the values in the metadata instances attached to them.
We recommend the following resources to learn more about using metadata with the Box API.
- Learn more about metadata scopes
- Learn more about the different field types that can be used on a template.